I’m back again with yet another “mini dessert” post! I love creating desserts in mini glasses for guests to grab from dessert tables. So when I was tasked with creating a Valentines themed table, I knew a cheesecake would go down a storm and would require next to no-time for me to put together.
The only problem was that I’d actually never made a cheesecake before! Shock horror I know – I have no idea why I hadn’t made these sooner since it was super easy, required very little ingredients and was extremely easy to assemble. With no baking time required, it meant I didn’t need to slave over the oven and I couldn’t wait to use my favourite Terry’s chocolate orange in a bake.
You can easily use these ingredients to make one large cheesecake instead of mini cheesecakes should you wish.
For the base-
- 16 Hobnobs (or biscuit of your choice)
- 120g Unsalted Butter
For the filling-
- 250g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 150g Double Cream
- 150g Icing sugar
- 200g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- Mini Terry’s Chocolate Orange to decorate
- Crush the Hobnobs with the end of a rolling pin until the Hobnobs resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl for 30 seconds. Mix together with the crushed biscuits.
- Press the biscuit mix into one large dish or mini glasses and leave to set in the fridge for 30-40 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth. Set aside.
- Melt the 200g of a Chocolate Orange in a bowl over simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- In a separate mixing bowl use an electric whisk to whisk the double cream till it forms soft peaks.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and cream cheese mixture into the double cream making sure to mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into the biscuit base and smooth out and leave to chill in the fridge for atleast 2 hours.
- When it’s time to serve, decorate with the mini chocolate orange segments. I finished mine off with a sprinkle of edible glitter too.