A super short & sweet post today to get you in the spring mood! With it officially being spring and Easter on Sunday, and the fact that peeps in the UK have a 4 day weekend, it’s the perfect time to whip up some simple treats to share with the family.
This recipe is perfect to get the kids involved since it requires no actual baking, 5 minutes of your time, 2 ingredients and is ready to eat immediately!
Simply use the cereal off your choice, mix with chocolate, top with mini eggs – and leave on the kitchen table to get gobbled up by the whole family.
Ingredients (makes ~12):
- 100g Cornflakes/Rice Krispies/Cereal of your choice
- 200g Plain Chocolate
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the cornflakes until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.