I come armed with another cheat bake today, and one that’s even easier than my last! Following on from my previous post, I also whipped up these banoffee pots for my Valentine’s gathering.
I love making mini individual desserts, and think when creating a dessert table it makes it much more easier for guests to grab a dessert and go rather than having to cut it into separate pieces (there’s no time to waste when eating cake.)
By layering the desserts into clear plastic flutes, I was not only able to put a quirky spin on a relatively normal and traditional pie, but was also able to create an aesthetically pleasing layered structure.
For those of you that want to impress and be showered with compliments without actually doing much work (ie. for all the lazy sweet tooth readers) this is for certain the recipe for you. This simple to do bake honestly takes no more than 10 mins and requires only 4 ingredients.
I followed this recipe from the carnation website but amended it slightly.
Ingredients (makes ~6):
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 200g Carnation Caramel
- 2 large bananas
- 200ml whipping cream, whipped
- chocolate curls or shavings, to decorate
- Crumble the biscuits and divide between 6 little glasses.
- Spoon the caramel over the biscuits.
- Top each with banana slices.
- Whip the cream and spoon over the bananas.
- Finish the pots with a sprinkle of grated chocolate. Dive in!
Let me know if you give this a go. I’d love to know if there are any other cheat bakes that I should try?