Apologies for being AWOL on here recently, I promise to show this blog more love over the next few months. I’ve got a few Christmas baking recipes I can’t wait to share so keep your eyes peeled!
One reason I’ve been MIA is because I was in America for a few weeks for work (wish I could say I was sitting by a pool sunbathing – sadly that was not the case). However, just because the reason behind this trip was business related, doesn’t mean it was all work and no play! There was no way I could leave without partaking in a little shopping trip…because you know what they (I) say, “when in America, shop!”.
Although I was left slightly disappointed with the fashion choices on offer, I did manage to pick up a few bits and pieces.
One store I was most excited about visiting was Target. For any American peeps reading this, you’re probably thinking WTH! But after hearing all about Target on the internet space, I couldn’t wait to check out all the crafty goodness they had to offer. Let’s just say I wasn’t left disappointed, they had everything you could ever want all in one store. From clothing, to makeup through to snacks and homeware, I could’ve easily spent 4 hours browsing…
- Drinking Cup – Target
- “Rules are for Fools” Notebook – Papyrus
- Green Spotty Journal- Target
- Set of Pencils/Pens – Target
Another store which was on my list to hit was Sephora. Sadly we don’t have a Sephora over here in the UK (no idea why *cries*) so I made sure to make multiple trips there in order to fully revel in all the makeup they had to offer. First of all, everything is so much cheaper in America, so it would have been silly not to shop (so I keep telling myself). I picked up a few Anastasia items that I’d heard everyone raving on about – and with Anastasia being a brand that’s not easily found in the UK, it was impossible for me to leave empty handed.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush #12 – Sephora
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Pointed Eyeliner Brush – Sephora
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Promade – Chocolate: Sephora
- Anastasia Beverly Hills WaterProof Créme Colour – Jet Black: Sephora
- Revlon SuperLustrous Lipstick – Black Cherry: Target
- Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara – Sephora
- Elf High Definition Powder – Target
- L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara – Target
Lastly Bath & Body Works, ahhh it’s a party for your nose in this shop! Who knew that a shop could smell this good. I’d wanted to visit Bath & Body Works for quite some time now, mainly because I was eager to get my hands on some of their candles. However, little did I know that they had every scent under the sun making it impossible for me to decide which to purchase! After deliberating long and hard, I eventually decided on Autumn, Pumpkin Apple and Flannel (it smells better than it sounds, promise!) but I could’ve easily purchased the entire shop if I had the money and suitcase space. I definitely recommend checking out their body products too, especially the Lavender Chamomile Body Lotion, the smell is to die for!
- Body Lotion – Lavender Chamomile: Bath & Body Works
- Mini Candles – Autumn/ Pumpkin Apple: Bath & Body Works
- Copper String Lights – Forever 21
- Black Chalkboard Paint – Target
- Converse – Nordstrom
And there you have it, my mini American haul….I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did shopping!
What are your favourite shops in the US? What is worth checking out next time I’m there?